Alabama FFA Resources
Everything you need to succeed.
District and State Officer Application
District and State Officer Application Due March 1 to District Specialist
(Please note: if dual application is sought, only one application is allowed per chapter.)
[State and Dual Candidates must submit their State Degree Application with this application if the applicant has not previously received the Alabama FFA State Degree.]
State FFA Degree/American FFA Degree Application
Submit your application by utilizing www.ffa.org and each FFA member’s login.
(The State FFA Degree/American FFA Degree application along with the Proficiency Award applications can be automatically generated by students utilizing the record keeping system with www.theaet.com) Applications will continue to be printed and hard copies mailed to your District Specialist.
100% Membership Application
Due April 1 to the Executive Secretary. Chapters who are either standard or affiliate membership and wish be recognized at the Alabama FFA State Convention must complete this form.
Agriscience Instructional Materials Order-Form- The Auburn Print Shop is able to print a lot of other items for local chapters such as personalized letterhead, personalized envelopes, personalized stationary, business cards, banquet programs, etc. at a reasonable price. For more information, please contact Kenny Boyd.
Kenny Boyd, Graphic Arts Technician
- The Alabama FFA Association is a resource and support organization that does not select, control, supervise or approve local chapter or individual member activities except as expressly provided for in the Alabama FFA Association Constitution.
- The Alabama FFA Association discourages private one-on-one counseling between teachers/advisors and students/members.
- The Alabama FFA Association discourages teachers/advisors to be alone in sleeping quarters with students/members during overnight trips.
- The Alabama FFA Association encourages local chapters/schools to have a policy requiring drivers transporting students be at least 23 years of age and carry personal automobile liability insurance with limits of no less than $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident.
- All checks of the Alabama FFA Association will be countersigned by a second authorized signer on the account.
- Bank Statements and reconciliation reports will be reviewed and approved by the Alabama FFA Association Board of Directors.
- Any investment/securities activity of the Alabama FFA Association will be handled by a properly licensed, third-party administrator.
- The Alabama FFA Association will have an audit or compilation completed annually by a third party. The audit or compilation will be reviewed and approved by the Alabama FFA Association Board of Directors.
Advisory Committee Handbook
Program Advisory Committee Evaluation Form
Thank You Letter to Advisory Committee Members (Sample)
Minutes for Advisory Committee (Sample)
FFA Chapter Constitution (Sample)
Letter to Potential Advisory Committee Member (Sample)
Committee Invitation to Advisory Council Meeting (Sample)
Advisory Committee Program of Work (Sample)
Agenda for Advisory Committee Meeting (Sample)
Advisory Committee Information Sheet (Sample)
Teach Ag Alabama
Information regarding teaching agriscience education in Alabama
Teach in Alabama (Alabama Department of Education)
Teach in Alabama web service serves as a gateway to job openings in every school district in Alabama. View Alabama Department of Education’s website for school job openings.
A majority of Alabama’s agriscience teachers came through a traditional route by receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriscience Education from a state institution and therefore receiving a certificate to teach agriscience education in the state. There are alternate routes for individuals to become agriscience teachers today. All routes have some similarities. Passing the Praxis II in Agriculture is one of those. For more information on the Praxis II, click here.
Alternative Master’s Degree (Auburn University):
Students graduating with an agriculture-related bachelor’s degree may wish to enroll in the Alternative Master’s Degree Program with the College of Education. Students have to enroll in graduate school, complete coursework and an internship to be awarded a Master’s Degree in Agriscience Education with a teaching certificate. For more information click here.
Individuals who hold a degree from an accredited university in an agriculture-related field and who had a GPA of at least 2.5 may be eligible to become an agriscience teacher. This process is called a Career and Technical Alternative Baccalaureate-Level Certificate (ABC). For more information on this process, click here.
Additional Teaching Field:
Teachers certified in another area can seek an additional certification in agriscience education after two years of classroom experience by meeting certain criteria. For more information click here.
An individual who holds a valid professional certificate in a teaching field or area of instructional support that has been issued by another state, a U.S. territory, the District of Columbia, or the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) may meet requirements for Alabama certification if Alabama offers comparable certification in terms of area/grade levels/degree level. For more information click here.
New Teacher Agenda
Career/Technical Implementation Plan
Career/Technical Four-Year Course Plan (Sample)
Agriscience Course Syllabus (Sample)
A Guide For Middle School Agriculture Science Teachers
Agriculture Teacher’s Manual
Recruitment and Retention Handbook
Shop Safety Performance Tracking
Release of Liability
State CDE :
Contests & Awards
AL FFA Request for Special Needs Form (To be submitted to contest officials 60 days prior to event)
Envirothon/Environmental and Natural Resources
Nursery Landscape Practicum Questions (Sample)
Nursery-Landscape CDE (revised September 2018)
Nursery-Landscape Test Bank A
Nursery-Landscape Test Bank B
Nursery-Landscape Test Bank C
Practice Nursery Landscape Plan (Sample)
Safe Tractor Driving
Zero-Turn Compact Tractor Driving
Recognition & Scholarships
This is a list of scholarship opportunities for students majoring in agriscience education. Although we are trying to assist students in finding these opportunities, this is not intended to be a complete listing of those opportunities. Please perform your own due diligence in researching other opportunities for scholarships.
County statistics detailing Alabama’s $70.4 billion economic impact of agriculture, forestry and related industries can be found here.